Voxelands Forum

The official Voxelands discussion forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-08 13:08:24

youen

How to create new pages on the wiki?

Hi,

I've noticed there is still a lot of work to do on the wiki, so I created an account (user name "youen"), but apparently I can't create pages (at least I don't see any button for that, not even once I've navigated to a non-existent page).

I'd like to populate the pages linked by the "getting started" page, first. And maybe move some content that is currently on the forum, such as cotton farming.

Is there something an administrator needs to do about that?

Thanks in advance,
Youen.

#2 2017-11-09 07:16:24

darkrose
Administrator

Re: How to create new pages on the wiki?

Hi Youen, it's great you want to help with the wiki, I've just given you 'editor' status on there so you should be able to create and edit pages now. Thanks.

Support Voxelands on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/voxelands

#3 2017-11-13 13:24:41

youen

I've created this page so far: https://wiki.voxelands.com/blocks:bed

Let me know if there's something that doesn't match the wiki best practices (if there is any wink)

#4 2017-11-13 18:43:05

cHyper
Website

youen wrote:

I've created this page so far: https://wiki.voxelands.com/blocks:bed

Let me know if there's something that doesn't match the wiki best practices (if there is any wink)

There are also simple beds "Feldbetten" called in german, you should point out.

#5 2017-11-14 12:56:32

youen

Good idea. Done. (I also moved the "camp bed" part from the getting started page to its own page)

#6 2017-11-14 13:23:33

youen

I've replaced the first recipe (strings -> cotton) by a grid of images, which allows to share item images (so that if graphics are changed, all recipes will update when the image is replaced), and also allows to link to the corresponding pages. What do you think? I don't know if it's possible to remove the white space between lines?

Also, I guess it should be possible to make a tool to export recipes from the game.

I've uploaded a bit of junk images (wrong category, bad names, etc.) but apparently I don't have the rights to delete them...

Last edited by youen (2017-11-14 13:32:21)

#7 2018-02-22 19:37:00

Comprignate

youen wrote:

Good idea. Done. (I also moved the "camp bed" part from the getting started page to its own page)

lots of thanks for that page as i found it very useful, i appreciate it a lot. i was wondering if i can ask you some other questions in case i would have any? thanks again.

Board footer