Voxelands Forum

The official Voxelands discussion forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-06 08:40:26

roland

Destructive effect holds on after Death and Respawn

Is there any curative means against the ongoing destructive effect as the result of meeting with a destructive creature (dungeon master i think, but i did not see it)? I play adventure mode and enabled "creatures passive, agressive&destructive" for the first time. Now I cannot get rid of this destructive effect. (Only if I disable "Player damage", but that is not what I want.) Everytime after "Respawn" I start dying again. Version 1508.01. Does anybody can help me?

#2 2015-12-16 20:57:03

roland

Re: Destructive effect holds on after Death and Respawn

The dungeon master stole all my clothing, I found out. From this comes the "destructive effect". If you craft new clothes, the effect disappears. There are three ways to achieve this:

1. Quit the game, disable player damage (main menu), start, craft new clothes, quit, enable player damage and start again.

2. Eat all the time and craft new clothes, which I did not manage to.

3. Quit the game, create a new character, start.

But how to protect from dungeon master? It  would be nice if there was an entry in the wiki to the "dungeon master" topic. smile

#3 2015-12-18 02:25:14

Menche
Code Turtle

Your clothing was probably destroyed by the dungeon master. Players without at least a shirt and pants on will suffer exposure damage. I don't know if there's an effective defense against dungeon masters; all major servers have them disabled.

I use a Vultr VPS (shameless referrer link).

#4 2015-12-21 19:02:06

roland

Thank you Menche for this info. I did not enable destructive creatures again, too. smile  By the way, I was fully clothed, when i met the dungeon master, afterwards I had nothing.

Board footer