Voxelands Forum

The official Voxelands discussion forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-02 01:03:46

Wuzzy
Translaterer

Repeater repeats only in one direction but can't be rotated

I am not sure if I understood the repeater so far, but from what I have figured out it turns a weak signal into a strong one.
But it only works in one direction (“arrow” direction). I have no idea why the repeater has 4 “ends” then since the two other “ends” are useless and just a distraction, nothing is ever repeated through this if I understood correctly.

Also, the repeater can not even be rotated by the crowbar, so this basically forces you to place repeaters in a certain way, you have to design your circuit around that quirk, this is annoying.

Or did I just misunderstood something?

Tested in 1604.00.

#2 2016-05-02 05:42:00

darkrose
Administrator

Re: Repeater repeats only in one direction but can't be rotated

It has 3 inputs, and 1 output (arrows point toward the output), you can feed it from any of the 3 inputs, or any combination of them, and it only gives output on it's output... which means it can be used as a diode.
It should be rotatable with a crowbar, if not, that's a bug.

Support Voxelands on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/voxelands

#3 2016-05-02 13:39:54

Wuzzy
Translaterer

Oh, thanks. I did not know about that rule.
But yes, the repeater can indeed not be rotated.

#4 2016-09-12 04:51:34

neoh4x0r

Wuzzy wrote:

I am not sure if I understood the repeater so far, but from what I have figured out it turns a weak signal into a strong one.
But it only works in one direction (“arrow” direction). I have no idea why the repeater has 4 “ends” then since the two other “ends” are useless and just a distraction, nothing is ever repeated through this if I understood correctly.

Also, the repeater can not even be rotated by the crowbar, so this basically forces you to place repeaters in a certain way, you have to design your circuit around that quirk, this is annoying.

Or did I just misunderstood something?

Tested in 1604.00.

in 1608, I could place a repeater or not-gate in any direction and the output will be going in the same direction that I am facing -- also all three inputs work as expected.
(you might want to update)

darkrose wrote:

It has 3 inputs, and 1 output (arrows point toward the output), you can feed it from any of the 3 inputs, or any combination of them, and it only gives output on it's output... which means it can be used as a diode.
It should be rotatable with a crowbar, if not, that's a bug.

I used two not-gates, a sticky piston, and an electric lamp configured in such a way that the electric lamp would blink; all of that setup binary logic (such as what a diode could do) -- but, I believe, that it would only work with not gates [since the not gate can supply it's own power].

And yes, I can also confirm that the repeaters and not-gates cannot be rotated.

/separate, but similar, issue
Furthermore, I will also, like to, add that using the crowbar on a sticky piston will rotate the platform part and not the whole block).

Last edited by neoh4x0r (2016-09-12 05:03:15)

Board footer