Voxelands Forum

The official Voxelands discussion forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-12 05:44:21

Menche
Code Turtle

Plans for Next Release

Instead of the usual "release whatever makes it in every two months" system without planning, I want to try listing goals for each release. Voxelands' code really is a mess, and looking at it can be overwhelming. It'll be a casual list with stuff added and removed, but I want some more order. This will probably end up on gitlab, which is likely a better place for it.

Darkrose has a fairly long term TODO list here; many items on it are beyond my experience level.

To start:

• Bugfix: fix scaffolding suffocation - done

• Add recipe for oerkki dust, for servers with mobs off - done

• Start to move the serverlist over properly - done

• Require a hammer for shape changes

• Make salt useful for keeping snow off of roadways

• Lower mob lifetimes - done

• Bugfix: revert new raytracing that makes occasional annoying errors - done

Likely more involved, maybe for next-next release:

• Make crafting guides and creative chest less laggy

• Make most configuration options changeable from the GUI and from command line arguments

Suggestions welcome.

Last edited by Menche (2016-08-16 02:58:34)

I use a Vultr VPS (shameless referrer link).

#2 2016-08-12 19:46:42

Lerura
Website

Re: Plans for Next Release

May I suggest that instead of requiring a pickaxe for switching shapes, a new item is introduced for this task: a hammer.

Just like the crowbar is the only tool that can rotate blocks, which is the only thing the crowbar can be used for, the hammer should be related to switching shapes and not just for stairs and columns, but for anything that can "shapeshift": chairs, couches, stairs, columns etc.

It could be made from 2 steel ingots just like the crowbar but instead placed horizontally in the grid.

It does not necessarily have to be a hammer as it could be any kind of tool. e.g. wrench, screwdriver, saw or hammer

#3 2016-08-15 23:38:30

Menche
Code Turtle

Lerura wrote:

May I suggest that instead of requiring a pickaxe for switching shapes, a new item is introduced for this task: a hammer.

Just like the crowbar is the only tool that can rotate blocks, which is the only thing the crowbar can be used for, the hammer should be related to switching shapes and not just for stairs and columns, but for anything that can "shapeshift": chairs, couches, stairs, columns etc.

It could be made from 2 steel ingots just like the crowbar but instead placed horizontally in the grid.

It does not necessarily have to be a hammer as it could be any kind of tool. e.g. wrench, screwdriver, saw or hammer

I like this, and it'll be simpler to implement, too. I think the hammer makes the most sense.

I use a Vultr VPS (shameless referrer link).

#4 2017-02-01 14:39:46

cHyper

When is the next release planned?!!

More features please!!
more elements like bushes and campfire?

JhH65tC.png

Ja1M8tU.png

Last edited by cHyper (2017-02-11 17:07:56)

Board footer